Boys Philly Showcase Recap: JJ Pickard Makes Showcase History
Nov 30, 2015
"The head coach (Dave Mullen) saw me play and said I should check out the school," said Pickard, a 2018 midfielder. "I definitely knew that I would be able to play against better competition and have a better chance of getting recruited, but I didn't know how much I was going to like it. It's weird being away from my family. Not being able to see my mom and dad is strange. Leaving home at 16 years old is a little different."
It's already paid off for Pickard, though. He's gotten more and more accustomed to the private school boarding life, and his game has already taken off. He's also made history. Pickard's performance at the Showcase Lacrosse Nike Boys Philly Showcase helped him secure a spot in the Fab 40 All-Star Game, making him the first Utah native to do so.
"JJ is a formidable figure on the field as a thick 200+pound midfielder who is stronger than most players his age." One of JJ's strongest attributes on the field is his ability to drive with the ball causing defenses to slide towards him. JJ has above average strength so he is able to still move the ball once he is doubled, creating easy goals for his attack men. Another asset JJ brings to the field is a hard, accurate shot. Give him time and space and he will make you pay for it.
During his time with me JJ was able to score from a variety of places on the field. He could be getting crushed on the crease...driving from the top, or ripping a bullet from the edge of the box but he was always a triple threat.
The interesting thing about JJ is that at a young age he understands that he needs to create his dream of playing college lacrosse by working harder than everyone around him. His work ethic is the key to his success and he knows it."
Former Head Coach Park City High School (2011-2015)
Current Coach for Westminster College (2015-present)
Park City High School
1750 Kearns Blvd
Park City, UT 84060
717 East High Street
Pottstown, PA 19464-5791
Biographical & Contact Info
1036 Lincoln Lane
Park City, Utah, 84098
Dominant hand: Right
Weight: 220 lbs
Club / Off Season Lacrosse
Ebe Helm - Head Coach Duke's Lacrosse Club
Mike Acee – Founder and Director of 212 Lacrosse
Fred Acee - Former Air Force Academy Head Coach / current volunteer coach, Team USA assistant ('94), Lacrosse Hall of Fame (Cortland, Long Island and Junior College)
Andy Langendorf - Westminster College - Defensive Coach 2015-16
Garrett McLean – Assistant Lacrosse Coach, Bridgton Academy (ME)
Dave Mullen - Varsity Head Coach, The Hill School
• 1st year ever Hill School Basketball player-starting JV Power Forward
• 4-year Shot & Discus Athlete
• 3-Time Junior Olympian. Best finish 9th
• State record holder (Utah) outdoor shot put
• Set and broke American indoor record shot put
• Park City HS varsity thrower ranked 6th in region first year
• 4 year member Park City Ski Team
• 4-time Nastar National Qualifier 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010
• 2015 Prudential Spirit of Community Award nominee
• 2013-2014 Volunteer National Ability Center Winter Adaptive Ski/Snowboard Program
• Head Coach Special Olympics Track & Field program
• Assistant Coach 212 Lacrosse
Special Olympics Track & Field
• Started the first ever Special Olympics Track and Field program in Park City with support from the National Ability Center
• Head Coach
• Certified Special Olympics Coach
Copyright © 2016 JJ Pickard. All rights reserved.
powered by ORLaxRecruit.com